Santa Supply Co.




This was my first project using vinyl to screen print.  I created this cute Christmas graphic in Adobe Illustrator and made it an SVG to cut on my Cricut.  I cut it on Oracal 651 vinyl (outdoor vinyl) and weeded it.  I purchased a screen and followed a tutorial on screen printing.  I thought, how hard can it be?  Well, it takes a little patience and some finesse, but it really went better than expected.  I used Speedball red acrylic ink on painted birch ply-wood.  I used a wax to seal it and give it a vintage look.  My husband cut a few pieces of pine for the frame.  I think these would look great on an open shelf.  

Ever since this project, I was hooked on screen printing!  What more can I design, cut and print? There are not enough hours in the day!

53 days 'til Christmas!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.