Kraft Paper Map


About a year-and-a-half ago, I created a large framed map for my daughter on which she can keep track of her travels.  See the post here. I painted it with black and white chalk paint.  It was large and I framed it in reclaimed wood. She has it hanging in her apartment.  When she travels, she adds a dot to the places she visits. I love the design.  I wanted to recreate this with the same feel but on a much smaller scale...something I can duplicate. I recreated my original idea to this farmhouse kraft paper banner.  I cut two stencils; one for the eastern states and one for the west.  I wanted the image to be bigger than what would fit on my 12 x 16 screen, so I set up two screens and printed them separately. I had to line up the states perfectly. Because of all the great tips from pigskinsandpigtails, it worked great. 

This banner will add to your farmhouse decor. I screen printed it with Speedball acrylic ink on kraft paper.  I tied it with black and white ribbon. It hangs from two stained pieces of pine.

Happy travels!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.