Laundry Room Sign



We had the ugliest laundry room! We spend so much time in there, we needed a space that did not make us feel as gloomy as the room looked. Can you plan a room around something you made for the wall? My faux chalk board laundry sign begged for happy white walls!! I designed this sign in Adobe Illustrator and cut a stencil on my Cricut. I painted a 1/4” ply-wood with chalk board paint and stenciled it with white chalk paint. I hated how new it looked and nearly threw it away. So I tried sanding it to rough it up. Much better! My hubby made a frame out of old fencing ready for the garbage. I then cleaned the wood, sanded it and stained it with Minwax Dark Walnut. It’s not vintage, it’s not old, it’s not perfect but it makes me smile when doing laundry! 




No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.