Hand-Made Holiday


It has been a few weeks since I posted anything. I have been busy designing and creating all these cool things. I had a large load of reclaimed boards which I cleaned and painted into these awesome frames. My husband is great with the miter saw. All I needed to do was sketch out my ideas with some measurements and my husband makes magic happen out of junk someone was throwing away.  I love how simple and rustic they look. My designs needed something special to make them stand out. I used chalk paint to finish off the look to make them look authentically old.


I love using tools too. I am not as proficient on the saw as my husband but the thought of building something out of nothing is exciting. It just opens up a new medium for me to work with. I built this box out of more reclaimed wood.  They are a perfect size to hold a glass mason jar with votive. I added faux leather straps on the sides. A great small gift for Christmas.


This painted sign is clean and simple. A friend asked me to create one for her and I liked it so much, I created another for the Holiday Open House. 





No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.