Holiday Decor Not Only for the Holiday

I have specific things I decorate for Christmas. Then I have things that I keep out and decorate with no matter the season. I love to be surrounded by pretty things that I create. It makes me happy.  These are a few of my favorite things I created and have in my home. The welcome banner is a small detail in my kitchen adorns the open shelving. I used a drop cloth and painted it with chalk paint.  When it dried, I cut and assembled it with jute. I used my Cricut to make a welcome iron-on.


I created this craft paper scroll for my daughter and loved it! So I created a second one. For low cost, it makes a big impact. This is something I can recreate fast to change with the seasons. I hand-lettered craft paper and attached a thin piece of stained pine. It frames the quote and helps it to hang straight. I will be making a few Christmas-themed ones soon.


This gate is my favorite thing I have made from reclaimed wood. If you love the farmhouse look, you need one for your wall. I found these old hinges at a local antique store. I love the patina on them. Hang a seasonal wreath off of it and you are good-to-go whatever the time of year.


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.