A Throw Back Backdrop


It's TBT!  I thought this was an appropriate post since fall is right around the corner.  This is for all the Halloween lovers.  I created this photo booth backdrop for Prom 2017.  The theme was Masquerade.  I think this would be an awesome idea for a Halloween Party.  Can you see it?!  Selfies galore!  The black background would highlight everyone's costumes.  This was the biggest thing I ever hand-lettered.  It wasn't hard painting it, it was hard to find the space to do it.  I thought I was going to use plywood for the backdrop, but it was too heavy and expensive.  I searched on the internet for some alternate ideas.  I found that professional photographers use foam insulation boards sold in hardware stores.  They come in 4' x 8' panels.  I bought two from Lowe's.  I used chalk board paint I also bought at Lowe's.  I used a roller to get the smoothest finish.  Once it dried, I sketched out my design and painted it with chalk paint I purchased at AC Moore.  


I used a coupon...of course.  It took me a couple of days to finish the painting. I delivered it and ducked taped the panels together when I got there.  I used command strips to hang it on the wall.  Although it was 8' x 8', it was light so it worked like a charm.  



So, here is an idea for your upcoming halloween shindig!  Grab some foam boards and paint and you'll have a unique backdrop for your guests.  




No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.