Window Command Center


Happy Labor Day! It always feels like the last day of summer. Back to routines & schedules. So I had them in mind when I made this project. I had a couple of old wooden windows (without the glass) in my garage. My husband cut a piece of clip-board material to back it. It is lighter than wood and extremely smooth so it takes chalk board paint well. 




I cleaned the window from all the cob webs and lightly sanded. I pulled out my chalk paint and painted it white. While everything was drying I headed to my computer and Cricut. I made a few quick banners in Adobe Illustrator and added type. I created stencils for the days of the week and used the same chalk paint to stencil it. 




I thought it need a handy place to hold papers, extra chalk, pencils... so my hubby created a narrow box out of salvaged fencing, which was ready for the garbage, that I nailed to the bottom of the window. It now is a perfect command center for school lunch menus, game schedules, dance lessons, dinner menu, etc! Have a great organized day!!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.