Autumn Print



Now that fall is officially here, I can finally get into the mood.  I do enjoy fall.  Fall is a candy store for the eye. So I pulled out my fall decorations out of the attic.  I noticed that the space over my fireplace needed a little color.  I could just make another wreath but it becomes repetitive.  I have many wreaths around my house.  I needed something a little different.  I love the quote "Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower." I created this Autumn print to hang there.  Using a red Maple leaf, I used PhotoShop and made it look watercolored.  I created a canvas background instead of stark white one so it looked warm. I added a grungy overlay...because I like things a little grungy.  I added type.  I designed the quote so it was a little vintage in style.  I had it printed on 16" x 20" matte photo paper from Walmart.  I grabbed a poster frame at Michaels.  It was 70% off.  So it was cheap.  I loved how the black type accented my wooden candle pillars.  I purchased black and white ribbon at tea-dyed it. Again, the white was to stark. This will hang on my mantle until the day after Thanksgiving when I decorate for Christmas.  I hope you like how it turned out.




If you notice my little scary cat plate, I painted that a couple of years ago.  I found a wooden plate at a thrift store.  I think it was 50 cents. I sanded it and painted it black with craft paint.  I painted the cat's negative space white with craft paint.  I sprayed it with a clear matte finish (I could do that because this will never be used for food).  I decorate with this only for Halloween time.  I love how the black in the plate, the black in the print and the black candle pillars all work together.  It gives it a Halloween feel.

Happy Fall decorating everyone!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.